...and I am very happy there.

...and I am very happy there.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A trip down memory lane...the fast lane!

Took a little ride yesterday to see the leaves and Jim took a way back that took us past one of his old hangouts.
 When I met Jim he was always spending his free time working on his drag car.

We eventually  ended up rebuilding the engine in my '65 Chevy Chevelle. So I always tell people, "I had to marry him to pay off the debt!" I will have to dig out pictures of our old cars.

Another fun story - I was taking business courses at OCS when we rebuilt the engine. One of my teachers, Mr. Stahl didn't believe me when I told him I was up late working on the engine of my car and asked to see my hands. He shuddered when he saw them and said something to the effect, "You better get those fingernails clean before going on a job interview. No one wants a secretary with THOSE!" lol 

Another business teacher, Mr. Gregor, kept teasing me every time I came to class..."Jo, ever since you got that car, I have noticed your not taking care of yourself. You NEED sleep! Did you set your hair with milk bottles or something?"







Back to our recent trip:


There were a few changes at the old raceway since we were their in the 70's. One was these cute little mini cars for what looked like a go-kart track.









Ah, the memories of loud cars, burning tires, and smoke!



You would think they would update things a bit...but not sure how many racers there are any more. Who out there remembers Lebanon Valley Speedway?


No comments:

Post a Comment